Saturday, September 10, 2011

Last Tri of the Season

So, tomorrow morning I will be lining up to race the Harvest Moon half-iron distance triathlon. I'm really not sure what tomorrow will hold since my tailbone bruise is still making itself known. It has gotten much better, even since a couple of days ago. I think the massage I got on Tuesday and the quick chiro adjustment I got really helped to loosen up the tight muscles in that area, which were probably bothering me more than I knew. I'm hoping for the best and am just making it my goal to try to enjoy the day as much as possible.

Sometimes we get wrapped up in all of the pressure of wanting to do well in this sport, and I think we forget that it is really supposed to be something enjoyable. We were attracted to this sport for a number of reasons, but we keep doing it because we fall in love with it. I'm going to try to keep that in mind tomorrow, especially at about mile 40 of the bike, and miles 7 through 11 of the run (basically the mentally tough parts). I am also going to try not to crash.

It seems like yesterday that I was preparing for the real start of my tri season here in Denver. Time flies! It's been a good season, complete with a lot of ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment