Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I need this training...

Sorry for the long absence. Things have been crazy over here, but then again, I'm thinking that's just my normal. This is a quick one, too, while I'm waiting for a computational model to finish running so I can go home for the day.

I'd say that most people think that marathon training takes an inordinate amount of time. In fact, I was one of those a few years ago (before I got into triathlons - it's all about perspective, people). Today, however, I realized something. I realized that, despite being completely underwater with school and a job search, I actually need the training time. This morning I was going crazy because my model wasn't working and I felt that I could do nothing right. Then, I stepped out the door for my tempo run and something magical happened - I completely forgot about school and my job search frustrations for a whole hour. I just let my mind get totally lost and absorbed in focusing on my run. It was fantastic.

I suppose even on days that I feel I am getting nowhere with my work, I can go for a run and feel like I have accomplished something. It's fantastic to be at a level of fitness where running is an enjoyable escape. I used to think people were crazy for saying that, but now I know.

Keep on running out there...here's to accomplishing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment