Friday, May 20, 2011

Ready to race!!

On Sunday I will be racing in the Without Limits Summer Open sprint triathlon. I'm really looking forward to it! This week's training involved a little bit of speed/interval work on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and then transitioned into a little bit of rest in preparation for Sunday.

The guys at Without Limits put on a great race. I'm just excited that for the first time in a week (okay, maybe that's an exaggeration), the forecast is predicting a nice day for Sunday! It has been so rainy here, which is very uncharacteristic for Colorado. It definitely had me in a funk of a mood Monday through Wednesday. I'm also excited that this will be my first race with my new friends and teammates at Team Train Right and Rocky Mountain Tri Club. I've done races in Colorado for two summers where I knew maybe one or two people at the race. Having so many more familiar faces is going to make racing that much more fun.

Honestly, I'd be lying if I said that my primary goal was to stay upright on the bike. I do want to go fast, but I also want to redeem myself from my last race experience. Wish me luck!

1 comment: