Sunday, May 1, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my world, or at least the triathlon side of it. I started triathlon in the summer of 2009 with my very first sprint triathlon and was instantly hooked. I grew up a swimmer and am extremely comfortable in the water. On land, however, that's another story, hence the name of the blog. I've competed in a handful of sprint triathlons and did my first Olympic-distance and half-iron distance races last summer. Although I had a coach last season, we recently parted ways when I started training with Carmichael Training Systems. So far I've been impressed with the coaching at CTS.

This season I have a few events chosen. My first was the Lone Star 70.3, which ended in disappointment due to a crash (did I mention I'm clumsy on land?). I'll post that race report next. I guess I can say that I have yet to really start my season. Here's the schedule:

May 22 - Summer Open Sprint (Longmont, CO)
July 8 - Boulder Peak Olympic (Boulder, CO)
August 28 - Steamboat Springs Olympic (Steamboat Springs, CO)
September 11 - Harvest Moon Long Course (Aurora, CO)
December 4 - Las Vegas Rock N' Roll Marathon (my first!)

I'm sure there will be other events sprinkled in, like the Bolder Boulder and the Boulder Sunrise Century. I'll record everything here, from my journey through training to the race days, with real-life stuff in between. Feel free to join me!

The start of something great. Haha so cheesy!

No comments:

Post a Comment