Monday, May 9, 2011

Real Life

As a triathlete, training is my way of life. I've grown accustomed to it over the past couple of years, in face, I feel a little lost when I don't have my next race on the books. Unfortunately (or fortunately, not sure which), real life sometimes gets in the way and forces you to take a break. This happened to me last week while I was away at a conference in Montreal for the entire week. I was able to get in a few runs, some biking on a rented "Bixi", and lots of walking. The conference schedule was so busy that there wasn't time for much else, nor were there facilities I could use. It was nice to have a break, though, and remember that enjoyment is what it's all about - not stressing over missed workouts.
     My first run and swim back, though, made me feel that easy week at sea level! I'm sure I'll be back up to proper form in no time, though. My coach has a busy week laid out for me!

My friend Dani and I in Montreal with our sweet rented bikes. They felt a little different than my tri bike...

No comments:

Post a Comment