Thursday, June 9, 2011

Little Mishaps

It happens to all of us, I suppose, and we just have to deal with it and thank God (or our lucky stars, rabbit foot, etc.; whatever your personal preference is) that it's not any worse than it actually is. On Tuesday during my easy run I managed to trip over a tree root and of course broke my fall with my left hand. The force was enough to break the watch strap on my Garmin somehow.

Fortunately, it did not break me! I now have a sprained left wrist/hand with a super cool splint I get to wear for a week or so. Hopefully I can take it off before then. I have some training to do next week!

Counting my blessings: 1) it could have been broken, but it's not, and 2) the timing is pretty good since this is a huge recovery week for me.

Also, yesterday a 2-lb jar (plastic, luckily) of Miracle Whip fell out of the refrigerator and onto my toes last night. Yes, I yelled bloody murder. The dog was concerned. It's looking like this is my week!! Maybe it's good that I have to stay off the bike for a few days. Hoping that I don't lose that toenail to match the one on the left foot that I lost from a sick day of skiing this winter.

Here's to clumsiness! Happy training, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I just wrote about something similar that happened to me!

    ReplyDelete