Monday, June 27, 2011

Long Ride with Some Ladies!

Yesterday morning I joined Malia on a Bicycle Village Group Ride for women only. We took a "lake tour" of the area, starting at Sloan's Lake, then heading to Bear Creek and over to the Arvada Reservoir before circling back to our starting point. It was a gorgeous Colorado day, and the scenery was beautiful (as usual)! Our group of seven girls did a pretty good job of staying together despite there being some decent climbs on this route. I'm not completely comfortable with groups of this size yet and chose to hang out near the back for most of the ride. I need to build my confidence on this point! I'm just not very good yet at signaling and everything like you should do in a group.

The girls - minus Malia, who was taking the picture. (Photo courtesy of Malia, who I stole it from)

Overall the ride was fantastic - 47 miles. I was pretty zonked when I walked in the door because it was so hot and dry out. I did not do a very good job at staying hydrated or fueled. Lesson learned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment