Monday, June 20, 2011

Power, Baby!

I got a new toy this past Friday - my new PowerTap SL+! As these babies are expensive, this was made possible by the people at Saris who gave our team a bit of a deal. Thank you!!


It was pretty easy to install, thanks to help from my teammate Jon (let's be honest, I didn't really do anything; I couldn't even pump up my tire because of my stupid sprained hand), and I took it out for the first time yesterday morning. I have no idea yet what the wattages mean, but I do know that it will give me an extra tool to measure my progress by. I am also excited to finally have a cadence sensor again. My Garmin one has been broken for awhile and I've been counting my cadence or matching Malia's to try to get mine up. NOT as effective as having a sensor to do it for you!! It will also be nice to have a tool to judge effort on the trainer. My coach has already started adding power numbers to my workouts, and I have a field test next week to really push those numbers!

New toys are always fun!

1 comment:

  1. I got mine set up, thanks to Cameron, and took it for a spin Tuesday. Extremely amazing tool in terms of sheer information. Almost overwhelming. Have you had your LT tested yet? I think mine has improved since March, but I know my watts at LT so this will be an awesome tool! It's going to be hard to put on my race wheels and not have this data to look at!

    ReplyDelete